The sessions will be purely practical. The participants will manage to interpret the outputs and
write reports for decision making.
The course outline includes the following:
• Introduction to SPSS: Learning features of SPSS including windows that is important for data
management and analysis
• Data Management: Includes data importation, cleaning and coding into the SPSS. Creation of
variables and recording
• Descriptive Analysis: Includes data presentations inform of frequency tables, graphs, charts
and APA formats where necessary.
• Inferential Statistics: This will be analysis for conclusions based on statistical level of
significance. This will include correlations, regressions, chi-square, t-tests and F-tests (ANOVA).
Qualified Individuals to Join the Program
• Researchers, Statisticians, Economists, M&E professionals, Students, Research supervisors,
Project/Program staff in NGOs, agri-business, social sciences & education and Anyone who wants to
learn SPSS for the first time
Duration of the Training: 2 days